January 30, 2009

Cracked Glass Technique


This month we were learning the "Cracked Glass" technique for our monthly club. I love the results you can get using this technique. I know the colours for this card are very dark and solemn, but when I was using up my old pieces of Hodgepodge Hardware, I felt like it looked like an old black and white photo being attached to the front of the card, hence me choosing to keep the card in blacks and greys.

If you've never done the cracked glass technique before it is very easy to do. The first step is to stamp your image on cardstock, I used the Going Grey in case. After stamping the image I used my versamark pad to completely cover the rectangular piece of paper that I stamped on. I then used my Glassy Enamel EP and heated it up. I repeated this process two more times until there was a perfectly smooth glassy coating over the stamped image. We then put our paper in the freezer for 2-3 minutes (don't worry if it curls, it will straighten out as it warms up again). Immediately after pulling it from the freezer we bent the cardstock in different directions to get the Enamel to crack. Once you have the desired amount of cracking, we put some basic black classic ink on a sponge and rubbed it into the cracks for emphasis. I would love to try this now using vanilla and chocolate chip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments; they are GREATLY appreciated. They are what keeps me posting from day to day:)