November 22, 2008

The Start of Scrappin' Saturdays!

Although I actually got into this whole Stampin' Up thing because a friend knew I was an avid scrapbooker, my focus has shifted since March. I became ADDICTED to cardmaking. I've really enjoyed the fact that with the limited time we all seem to have that I could create a finished product in much less time than it took me to complete a 12x12 scrapbook page. Well... it's time to get back on the old scrapbooking train, but this time I'm doing it in Stampin' Up style!

I finally bought one of the Simply Scrappin' Kits and decided that I could no longer neglect my neice's scrapbook that should have been finished months ago (June to be exact)! When my nephew was born I made him a scrapbook and it has always been my plan to complete Sophie's; life has just gotten in the way! The Simply Scrappin' Kits are amazing in the sense that all of the die cut stickers, DSP, and cardstock already match one another. The time that it takes me to put a page together has been cut in half! On top of that, I have ribbons that match exactly so I'm thrilled with the final outcome of each page.

As I have set a goal for myself to have this book complete by the end of January, I am going to be having "Scrappin Saturdays" to keep myself on schedule. Every Saturday I will post a picture of a 12x12 two page spread from Sophie's book. I will try and keep each page to Stampin' Up products,, but you may notice the occasional "contraband" (teehee) item on the page. I do still have my Cricut and the New Arrival cartridge that I didn't get enough use out of after my boys were born:) I did try and convince Sean to have another baby so that I could make more things with it, but he just didn't see that as a real reason... men!!!!!!

This particular page is demonstrates a technique called "progressive scrapbooking". First you create a 6x6 scrapbook page and then mount it on an 8 1/2 x11 piece of cardstock and add embellishments. When that is complete you now mount on a 12x12 piece of cardstock and embellish again. This is a very easy way for someone new to scrapbooking to create a fabulous looking page!

1 comment:

  1. That is sooo cute....I love it and I know Sophie will too!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments; they are GREATLY appreciated. They are what keeps me posting from day to day:)