November 21, 2008

More Watercolouring with a Blender Pen




Okay, photography is definitely not my thing... I just can't make anything appear as it does in real life. The flower portion of these two cards is much softer in real life. Again, I stamped the image from Fancy Flowers in black Staz-On on watercolour paper. Then I used the tip of my marker to indicate areas of shading on my flower and leaves. Finally, it's as simple as using your blender pen to pull colour from these marker lines to paint the rest of the flower. Which of the two do you like better? I have this problem with needing things to be symmetrical so I really struggle with not centering things on cards. The sympathy card in particular really made me feel uncomfortable as I was making it. I wasn't actually intending for it to be a sympathy card, but my need to balance the Ruby Red cardstock sent me looking for a long thin sentiment. I've definitely got to get over this:) Practice makes perfect... ahhhhh..... an excuse for more time downstairs:)

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh...you and I have the same problem with symmetry! Too funny...and I thought I was the ONLY one! I love both cards, afterall, you are extremely creative and a wonderful card maker, but my favorite out of the two is the sympathy card. I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments; they are GREATLY appreciated. They are what keeps me posting from day to day:)