January 03, 2010

Mom and Me Time:)


My parents are staying with us this week before they head back to Winnipeg.  My mom and dad have always showed a great interest in my SU life and when my mom has been in town she has always been eager to help with swaps.  Lastnight my mom had a small request, she needed some birthday cards for her two of her brothers who have birthdays in January.  I told her that I would be happy to send her away with two cards, she just had to take part in making them:)


I love the way that we started off with the same concept and yet my mom's card turned out completely different than the one that I made.  I've always had a hard time angling things and have the tendency to just keep things square.  My mom on the other hand had no problem with this and I love the way that her card turned out!  I also stuck to my standard Scallop Circle Punch and my mom was more creative using the 1 3/4" circle punch and then paper piercing to add detail!

Click Here to Place An Order

Stamp Set(s): Loads of Love, Loads of Love Accessories
Paper: Sweet Pea DSP Pad, Old Olive, So Saffron, Chocolate Chip, Watercolour Paper
Ink: Rose Red, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, So Saffron, Black Staz-On,
Embellishments: Chocolate Chip Satin Ribbon
Tools: Aqua Painter, Blender Pens, Mat Pack, Paper Piercer
Punches: 1 1/4" Circle Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, 1 3/4" Circle Punch, Scallop Circle Punch

3 comments:

  1. Great cards! It's great to see how two people make such different cards with the same supplies - they're both fantastic.

    Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week & best of luck

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This is super neat! I love how differnt they both are......Your Mom is very talented as well! How fun to craft with your Mom! Both of the cards are awesome! Love the stanp amd the whole design! Thank you for joining us at "SweetStampin" for this weeks challenge! Please continue to come back and enter, your work is Wonderful!
    Hop on over and check out my blog!
    I am following you along and would love it if you would joinin ad follow me as well!
    HAPPY CRAFTING TO YOU!
    HUGS
    Rach ~ Queen La Rubba

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love this stamp set and your cards are absolutely fabulous. You're colouring is beautiful. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments; they are GREATLY appreciated. They are what keeps me posting from day to day:)