January 17, 2010

Look... No Stamps!


I just finished cleaning up my craft room this afternoon and was putting the last items in their homes.  It turned out that the last item was some SU Rub-Ons.  Using my clean craft room for inspiration, I decided not pull out and stamps or ink and just stick to a package of rub-ons!  The Dots and Designs Rub Ons were perfect as they had both the images I wanted for a focus and the border I wanted to replace DSP.   The more I've worked with the Scallop Trim Border Punch #118402 (free with a $65 order:) and Scallop Trim Corner Punch #118870, the more I've grown to like them.  At first I was frustrated with my inability to get the size to match the image I'd stamped.  Now I've learned to make my mat first based on the approximate size of my image and the cut my image out once my mat is done.  I've also learned that looking at the underside of the punch as I'm working is an excellent way to ensure that I'm not making mistakes. 

Click Here to Place An Order

Paper:  Ruby Red, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Embellishments: Chit Chat Rub Ons #111804, Dimensionals, Dots and Designs Rub-Ons #115728
Sizzix: Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Folder #117735
Tools: Sponge Daubers
Punches: Scallop Trim Border #118402, Scallop Trim Corner Punch #118870

5 comments:

  1. Love the card Ang
    Angelica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card and definitely the tips for using the border punch are worth keeping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I just wanted you to know that your project will appear on the Yahoo Group Late Night Stamper’s blog finds of the day for January 18th. Want to receive your own copy of the blog finds of the day? Join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stampinuplnstampers/ or visit our Blog Finds of the Day Blog at http://blogfindsoftheday.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments; they are GREATLY appreciated. They are what keeps me posting from day to day:)