January 16, 2010

Gotta Love These Heart Cups!






I decided play with my Heart Sweet Treat Cups before they even arrived... how pathetic is that!  I already had the card all ready to go when they arrived and all that was left to do was put it in:)  Now, you may notice the red border around the heart cup... here's what I did.  I made the card first and put on the Pretty In Pink layer followed by the DSP.  Then, I used the heart shaped Movers and Shapers window to cut the large heart out of the center of the card.  If you want to be able to used the windows independently of the Movers and Shapers die you just sandwich the paper and die in the Big Shot as you would any other die, but to make up for the decrease in thickness, you include the standard Textured Impressions pad #114614 on the outside of one of the cutting pads.  Finally, I took a scrap square of Real Red cardstock and punched the Full Heart out of it.  I used the negative image and positioned it behind the heart opening of the cardfront.  The Full Heart punch's heart is just slightly smaller than that of the Movers and Shapers Heart window.  It makes for perfect matting!

I hate the idea of someone having to tear the card to get to the treat inside; so instead I used the mini envelopes to hold a little sliding door.  I just got off the portion of the envelope that one would use to stick it closed.  Then I slide my heart punch right in and cut out the window.  I may even try my hand at a quick video tonight to provide a bit clearer instruction on that step:)

Click Here to Place An Order


Stamp Set(s): With All My Heart #118623
Paper: Very Vanilla, Pretty In Pink, Real Red, Sending Love Specialty Paper #117153, Mini Square Envelopes #107309
Ink: Real Red, Chocolate Chip
Embellishments: Fire Rhinestone Circle Brads, Button Bouquet, Real Red 5/8" Satin Ribbon #117286
Sizzix: Movers and Shapers Heart Window, Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Folder, Standard Textured Impressions Pad #114614

Tools: Clear Mount Block Bundle, Sponge Daubers
Punches: Full Heart, Modern Label

4 comments:

  1. O.M.G. This card is stunning! Hugs. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see a video, not quite understanding it.
    Love the card.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh a video - got any tips from your buddies Dawn and Angie Juda?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks.I will be watching for your video. Your new fan and friend....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments; they are GREATLY appreciated. They are what keeps me posting from day to day:)