April 13, 2009

A CASE Gone Astray

I came across a card on Mary Tish's Blog the other day, and I was in love. This woman has talent coming out of every pore! I needed a masculine birthday card so I decided that since I only had fifteen minutes that it was in everyone's best interest if I just case'd her card. As I was making it, several errors led to the creation of another card along the same lines:) I put my brads in too close to the center so the word "celebrate" would not fit in between them. The Basic Gray looked bleak in the center, so I went for a slightly larger rectangle and then rolled it with my Jumbo Roller. I tied the card together by rolling the same stamp on the inside. I love how Mary incorporated the circle into the card... this is something that I love the look of but never think of doing. My new circle cutter has definitely made this easier!

After I was done, I remembered that I had another birthday card that needed to be done for tomorrow. The one for tomorrow needed to be feminine though so I chose my pink pirouette to combine with the Basic Gray. It did end up having an even different appearance as I added several small circles in the Pink Pirouette and the Basic Gray in random places all over the card to tie in with the large circle on the left. I bet you're wondering why I am describing it to you instead of showing you... well I forgot to take a picture of it before I put it in the envelope:) Pretty smart eh? Maybe I'll convince her to let me take a photo after she opens it:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments; they are GREATLY appreciated. They are what keeps me posting from day to day:)