February 01, 2009

I Can't Believe He's Two!

My adorable nephew Jack had his second birthday party yesterday!  In my mind, it feels like he was just born, but considering his sister will be one in a matter of four months I guess it only makes sense that he's turning two.  Yes, you read that right, my sister-in-law's children are only 16 months apart.  I thought that Sean and I were crazy having ours 17 months apart, but now it just gets easier as the boys have a built in best friend.

This was the card that I made for Jack using the Simple Birthday Thanks stamp.  I love using the brads for the sprinkles on the cupcake.  I ran the base of the cupcake through my paper crimper to give it the same texture as the cups that we put the batter in.  I love this DSP from the Sale-a-bration set!  As of today you can get this DSP for free with a $60 order.  It's hard to see, but I used the Texturz plate to put the little polka dots on the Old Olive background.  The DSP actually has Certainly Celery in it, but I love the contrast between the two.

1 comment:

  1. Yes... it is hard to believe Ange... where does time go... you know with your 2 adorable boys...
    beautiful card... can't wait
    hugs
    vikki

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments; they are GREATLY appreciated. They are what keeps me posting from day to day:)