February 21, 2009

Excuse to Pull Out Something New


Well, tomorrow is my sister's birthday!  As a child that meant that the count down was beginning because my sister and I have our birthdays 9 days apart.  Our actual birthdays are only 12 months and 9 days apart!  I still look at my mother in amazement when I think of her finding out she was pregnant with me when my sister was only 2 1/2 months old.  It is exhausting having the boys 17 months apart so I really can't imagine 12 months!  

I loved the saying on this stamp, if you can't read it from the photo is says, "You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough."  I thought this was especially appropriate for my sister as she is one of those people who does it all!  It is from the gorgeous stamp set called "Fifth Avenue Floral" which you'll notice coordinates perfectly with the Urban Oasis DSP.  You probably can't see it from the photo, but I covered the center of the Kiwi Kiss flower that I painted with my aqua painter with crystal effects and then added the clear microbeads.  I love the way it finishes the flower.  I had a real sense of accomplishment after making this card as it was the first one in awhile that I liked and didn't CASE.  Funny how you need to find a card to break your rut!

Lastnight I had my niece and nephew for a sleepover, and I had planned for them to make their mom's birthday card lastnight, but after spending the day skiing with my sis and brother-in-law they were only capable of flopping on the couch.  I forgot to photograph the card that I ended up making for them to give her, but maybe I'll sneak a picture tomorrow night when we're at her house.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments; they are GREATLY appreciated. They are what keeps me posting from day to day:)