October 01, 2008

Marker Club Technique



The technique this month for Marker Club was Stamping with Markers! After I saw the tutorial for this adorable 3x3 notecard box on Splitcoast, I knew that I had to do this special little project. Marker Club is a perfect opportunity to learn a new skill and then make a fabulous make-n-take! I did have to adjust this tutorial slightly as the new Scallop Border punch is so much quicker than using the corner rounder to get the edge on the box top. I have requested that one of my awesome stampers send me photos of her completed box as I was in awe of her colour choices. (You'll understand why when I tell you more about her when I post the photos!) I couldn't take pics lastnight as the lighting in my basement at night is horrific! This is a great gift idea and after taking hours to make my original box (my husband sat and laughed at my stupid mistakes), I'm down to an hour, start to finish for the box and 9 notecards. I let my stampers choose their set and DSP and then away they went. You can make a theme for the box or just general sentiment cards. This would make an awesome hostess gift or present for a teacher (wink, wink)! If you're up for a November class let me know and I'll add it to my list; this would solve the Christmas present issue for those hard to buy for people!

1 comment:

  1. that is awesome...hope all is well!Maybe see you Monday?!?!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments; they are GREATLY appreciated. They are what keeps me posting from day to day:)