October 20, 2008

3-D Bella Blossoms

I have really struggled with the large flower from Bella Blossoms. I love the flower, but was not really keen on stamping it in one colour, or colouring it with markers. It is such a beautiful flower and I felt like it lacked depth when stamped that way. I found many samples on Splitcoast done using this technique and decided to give it a whirl. It involves sponging the edges of each separate layer of the flower to make them stand out, and progressively adding dimensionals to make them more realistic. I really like the final effect although I'm not really sure about the colour combo. I was going to do this carrd for technique club, but my ladies basically stage a revolt when they have to cut out flowers that don't have matching punches:) This card definitely requires some cutting as the flower was stamped three times and the leaves twice. I've since done another samples of this card and stamped the flower four times to get the final petals in the top center of the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments; they are GREATLY appreciated. They are what keeps me posting from day to day:)