July 27, 2008

Christmas in July?!?!



Now I'm not trying to scare anyone by posting Christmas cards, and although I am a bit of an organizational freak, I am not insane! I am not truly starting my Christmas cards right now! There was a challenge on Splitcoast to create Christmas in July. I was making use of a techinique in one of my magazines where you stamp the image with versamark then emboss the image and sponge your colour over top of the white embossing powder; I really like the effect!
Now, after the weekend I just had it didn't feel far from Christmas! We spent the weekend in Enumclaw, Washington watching my little brother in a 50 Mile trail running race; yes, you read that correctly, 50 miles! Both he and his girlfriend were running in a race called the Whiteriver 50. They did absolutely amazing! Nicola completed the run in just over 8 and a half hours and my brother was just over 9 and a quarter hours! Okay, here's where Christmas comes in... we were camping! Now you're probably asking yourself what that has to do with Christmas. Well, you see, when my husband and I tell people we're going camping what we really mean is we are taking our 33 foot travel trailer with heat or AC, depending on what we need. However, we decided that with the cost of gas now days we would be good sports and take our tent with us on this excursion as the rest of my family was tenting! Let's put it this way, on the way home today my two year old says, "me not like tent, me like our trailer!" How sad is that? I am corrupting my children already! It was freezing, and we were definitely not prepared! Anyway, when I saw the challenge was Christmas in July I was definitely feeling the snowflakes:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments; they are GREATLY appreciated. They are what keeps me posting from day to day:)