July 13, 2009

Mojo Monday 95 Sketch Challenge


I must admit that I'm really enjoying these Mojo Monday sketches:) I've looked at the sketches and then browsed my stamp sets for something that would fit the layout. The colours I end up choosing based on an SU Designer Series Paper because it helps to eliminate the whole thinking process for me:)

Although I'm aching to use my old In Colours, I've put them aside for awhile in hopes of "feeling at one" with the new colours. Soft Suede is rapidly growing on me along with Crushed Curry. The new Thoroughly Modern DSP made me pull out my Bermuda Bay which is not a colour I would grabbed by choice, but I must admit that I love the browns and teals together. This is another new stamp set called "For All You Do"; it's part of a fabulous promotion ... check back tomorrow for more details!

TIP: When using a new stamp set with solid images such as the butterfly or the floral square stamp, lightly brush over your rubber using your sanding block. This gets rid of the blotchy effect that can happen when you stamp large solid images. In addition, much as I hate to admit it being the queen of the bargain shopping, you need to use an excellent quality cardstock such as SU's whisper white to stamp on. The cheaper variety from the regular craft store doesn't seem to have the same effect... don't believe me... try it!

2 comments:

Thanks so much for your comments; they are GREATLY appreciated. They are what keeps me posting from day to day:)