September 09, 2010

Sweet and Simple Christmas Card


This was such a fun card to make.  I had some bits and pieces on my desk already from playing with the new Letterpress Plates and I decided to use up all the leftovers:)  Believe me, this just as satisfying as using up all the leftovers in the fridge... maybe even better!

I was playing with the Letterpress plates today to see how to get the clearest image.  Textured Cardstock and Watercolor Paper definitely work best as they are porous and the paper seems to end up with a much deeper indentation.  I've played with both the Craft and the Classic ink too now and I must say that I was impressed with both.  I'm more partial to Classic as I make less of a mess with it, but for something like Black or White, I would definitely use my Craft ink. 

Click Here to Place an Order
Stamp Set(s): Perfect Punches
Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso
Embellishments: Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding, Linen Thread
Sizzix: Big Shot, Northern Trim Letterpress Plates, Northern Flurry Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
Tools: Mat Pack, Paper Piercer, Paper Snips
Adhesives: Snail,  Dimensionals, Sticky Strip, Crystal Effects
Punches: Scallop Circle, 1 1/4" Circle

3 comments:

  1. Awesome card! Perfect for a workshop! Thanks for all the great info on the letter press plates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I love the letterpress detail at the top with the sentiment tag hanging from the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card reminds me of yummy chocolate!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments; they are GREATLY appreciated. They are what keeps me posting from day to day:)