September 14, 2008

A School Teacher's Dream!


In my school, all of the intermediate teachers (grade 4-7) have a primary (grade K-3) class for buddies. We do activities together once a month to encourage relationships between older and younger students and to encourage caring and compassionate behaviour and leadership skills towards those younger than you. As a Grade 6/7 teacher, I often struggle with ideas for age appropriate activities to do with our buddy classses. I came across this idea on Patty's blog yesterday, and I absolutely fell in love! I made this adorable face in under 5 minutes (which equates to 30min for a 6 year old). I was able to make the entire thing using my Big Shot Pennant Die and Birds and Blooms Sizzlits Set, Scallop Punch, 3/4 inch circle punch, and 1/2 inch circle punch. I used a sponge dauber for the cheeks and to edge the nose before I put it on. Joe was my assistant as he punched out all of the scallops and turned the crank on the Big Shot for all the other components! I'm off the try the reindeer that Patty so kindly emailed me the picture of.

1 comment:

Thanks so much for your comments; they are GREATLY appreciated. They are what keeps me posting from day to day:)