December 18, 2008

Gifts for my ladies who started it all!




Well, lastnight was my December Technique Club meeting. When I started my first club in September I had one woman signed up and decided to go ahead with it anyways. By the time that the actual meeting date arrived in September, I was up to five, and we now sit at 7! If it weren't for these ladies, and a few others who haven't joined club, but have been placing orders since the get-go, I wouldn't have had such a fabulous few months. I have met the most amazing group of women, whether it be through club, or others that they have introduced me to. Anyway, in appreciation to this group of 7 women, I made each a set of 4 monogrammed notecards. Their make-n-take for the evening, little did they realize, was the gift bag to carry their cards home in. We also learned the Faux Metal technique to finish off their bags (I'll post those tomorrow).
This particular set of cards was made for one of my club ladies, and it is the only set without a monogram. I made it using the BigZ Tulipe die which is exclusive to Stampin' Up. You see, Kristen owns the most beautiful floral shop, called Posy, which is in Lynn Valley (where I live). Her decor in her shop is very similar to these cards so I thought personalized for her could have a different meaning. As you can see, I was able to use the negative image of the die cut on the inside matting of the card. I loved the effect. I must admit that I was thrilled with the outcome on this card as it wasn't something that I had seen anyone else do! What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous Ange, and I love the bag too!! SO beautiful - I just love your work!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments; they are GREATLY appreciated. They are what keeps me posting from day to day:)