March 25, 2010

Spotlighting with Circle Circus

This is a super simple card to teach the spotlighting technique to my club this month.  Once I started working with my Circle Circus stamp set...there was no stopping me... it was all circles!  I originally finished the card, but it felt like it was missing something... it really lacked dimension.  I decided to try and cover up a botched stamped circle by spotlighting the image and I was thrilled with the way it worked!  I love how your own mistakes can often become a lesson in a whole new technique!

Click Here to Place An Order


Stamp Set(s): Circle Circus, Well Scripted
Paper: Dusty Durango, Old Olive, Whisper White
Ink: Old Olive, Dusty Durango, Crushed Curry, Soft Suede
Embellishments: 1/2" Soft Suede Polka Dot Grosgrain
Adhesives: Snail, Dimensionals

Punches: 1/2" Circle, 1" Circle, 3/4" Circle

3 comments:

  1. This card is fantastic. I love the Circle Circus set and what a great way to showcase the spotlight technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card Angela!!
    I love the circles and the differents levels, really looks very gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this card! circle circus is one of my faves :) okay they're all my faves haha. thanks for sharing!!

    - Elizabeth (missimagination.com)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments; they are GREATLY appreciated. They are what keeps me posting from day to day:)