June 28, 2008

Playing with sketch challenges




On so many occasions I have come across the same layouts on numerous blogs and read about a concept called sketch challenges. These are layouts posted by particular individuals on specific days of the week. This particular card is a bit of a take of this particular challenge on splitcoast: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=358255 . I didn't follow it exactly as I was mad that I was going to have to cover up one of my squares that I'd done. (notice that teachers are able to give instructions but rarely able to follow them:) For some reason I have an addiction with this colour combo of Groovy Guava and Really Rust. I'm not sure how I'll cope in 6 weeks when my Groovy Guava is gone! The other card was done with Blue Bayou and Soft Sky, the Live Your Dreams stamp set and the Afternoon Tea Party Paper. I use the stamp set for everything! (Yes, Carousel Notes ladies, these are the stamps we used:) Unfortunately as of June 3oth that's it on those! If anyone is dying for this set or the Afternoon Tea Party paper remember to let me know before Monday! My goal for the summer will be to complete more of these challenges and submit them on time (teehee)

2 comments:

  1. I think I like yours better than the original, but I also think the idea is that you don't make a square for underneath the big square or circle!

    You did a beautiful job and I'm happy you're back to posting!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these! So cute. :) Might have to make one myself!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments; they are GREATLY appreciated. They are what keeps me posting from day to day:)