September 22, 2014

Introducing Debbie Freeman

Today I'd love to introduce another amazing demo from my West Coast Creators Team... Debbie Freeman!  You'll love her project and the awesome instructions that she has provided!

"Hi. My name is Debbie. Since retiring from nursing, I found that knitting wasn't enough to fulfill my crafty needs. Card making was the perfect fit. It all started with Ange's Trendy Trees Stamp-a-Stack. I learned from the best and so have been a Stampin' Up hobby demo on and off for a few years. Here is one of my cards. "

Christmas card
I make stacks of Christmas cards to give to people I know but not well enough to knit for. :-) The Joyful Christmas stamp has been calling to me for a couple of years. However, the poinsettias required fussy cutting. I am not keen on fussy cutting. I finally CASEd this card from Pinterest: http://istampedthat.com/2011/12/20/last-christmas-card-of-the-year/.  Cutting out the Pointsettis (and the leaves) actually wasn't hard at all. I even made two layers! I love the result. I even fussy cut the Cherry Cobbler frame for the Apothecary Framelit sentiment. I traced the outside of the Framelit, cut and got the perfect border. 

Although the stamp set is retired, Joyful Christmas is available in MDS. 

MDS Stamp sets: Joyful Christmas
Paper: Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive
Retired SU Embossing folder: 
Apothecary Framelits
Embellishments: pearls coloured with Daffodil Delight
"Now I love making little treats for my friends. Hershey Nuggets are an all time favourite. They taste great and lend themselves to cute packaging. Labels: I start by wrapping stamped address labels around the Nuggets. In this project Happy Thanksgiving from Teeny Tiny Wishes is the center of each label. Scattering the lacy leaves from French Foliage over the entire sheet, I can mimic the dance of autumn colours. This set is the epitome of fall for me. Although it is now retired, I am glad the stamps are still available in an MDS kit called Autumn Spice. Once I made the pattern for the label sheet, I could print it over and over again. Box: The little box holds four chocolates. It's made with the Envelope Punch board. I had to fiddle with the score lines a bit. Starting with a 5"X5" piece of cardstock, punch and score in two places on each side. First side at 2 1/4" and 3 1/4", then turn and follow the score lines. Round the corners and stamp the outside. I used the sun rays and lovely leaves from Kinda Eclectic and found another set of leaves to use in Summer Silhouettes. The tabs are cut on either side of the widest side. Cut the tip off one of the wide flaps at the curve. 
Closure: I punched the leaves from Kinda Eclectic with the Decorative Label on the Cherry Cobbler cardstock, added the sentiment and then sponged a little Tangelo Twist on the edges. I placed a couple of glue dots close to the bottom of the label. Loop the Linen twine sticking it into the glue dots before each of at least three loops. I needed to add another glue dot to stick the label onto the top of the complete flap in the center of the closed box, so the cropped edge can slide under the decorative label closure. 
SU Stamp sets: MDS Fall Foliage in Autumn Spice; Teeny Tiny Wishes, Kinda Eclectic, Summer Silhouettes, Good Sayings
SU Paper: Tangelo Twist
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Tangelo Twist, Hello Honey, Mossy Meadow, soft Sude, Momento Tuxedo Black. 
Punch: Decorative Label
Embellishments: Linen Twine
Extras: Address labels, glue dots

Click Here to Place an Order

Join Me for a Monthly Surprise from Stampin' UP and My Paper Pumpkin Join Now!
Come and LIKE my North Shore Stamper Facebook Page!

Follow Me On Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments; they are GREATLY appreciated. They are what keeps me posting from day to day:)