March 08, 2015

Creative Blog Hop

I was nominated by fellow Stampin' Royalty Challenge Blog team member, Stasia Sloma to participate in a Creative Blog Hop!  She is insanely talented and always comes up with stunning creations!!!  

To be part of this, first I had to be nominated by another Stampin' Up! demonstrator.  Thank you Stasia!    I can't wait to create and be a part of the hop!

Then, I have to post a project:



As a full time school teacher, wife and mother of two, there's not always a lot of time to craft.  I need to learn to make the time a priority though as it sees to keep me calm and grounded when things get hectic.   Being part of this Blog Hop was perfect as it forced me to make time to create yesterday! 


The next fun part of the Creative Blog Hop is where I answer some questions about me...

1. What are you working on right now.

I am working hard to get back into the swing of stamping.  Spring is a busy time for me as a teacher, with report cards and interviews as well as my own boys activities.  I'm thrilled to be on spring break for two weeks.  I'll get some serious time to spend with my boys and some much coveted crafting time!

2. How does your style differ from others in your genre?

I'm someone who has never felt truly creative, but I love that I'm able to draw inspiration from those around me to spark my creative juices!  I don't know if I differ anymore... I used to love creating cards with extensive layers, but with the chaos of day to day life I've decided over the years to simplify my style. 

3. Why do you create what you do.

I do what I do to create "me time" in my life.  The older we get, the more responsibilities we seem to have and this is that time that is truly for me.  I love the fact that in taking time for myself, I'm often able to create things that others appreciate as well. 

4. How does your creative process work.
My creative process usually starts with a sketch... it gets me motivated as it takes ones of the most difficult parts of the process off the table for me!  From there, I grab a package of my favourite DSP and get to work. Stampin' Up makes it easy for someone who is "colour challenged" like me:)  I struggle to find the perfect colour combos and with SU it's already done, along with the coordinating accessories!

Finally, to end the Creative Blog Hop, I need to nominate another demonstrator to participate! Check out the super talented Tanya Verret this coming Wednesday March 11th!!!!

Click Here to Place an Order
Join Me for a Monthly Surprise from Stampin' UP and My Paper Pumpkin Join Now!
Come and LIKE my North Shore Stamper Facebook Page!

Follow Me On Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments; they are GREATLY appreciated. They are what keeps me posting from day to day:)