December 15, 2009

Club Night Fun:)


 I've got some great photos to share with you over the next few days of some Club Night Fun, but I'll start with one of the projects we worked on instead of the photos of my girls... I need to keep you in suspense... there were blindfolds involved:) 

This was was my artificial tree in the basement before I decorated it with all of our "homemade ornnaments"; these were the ornaments that my girls made:)


This fabulous idea is all over the internet right now and is so quick and easy to make!  They also make a fabulous gift!  We started with the clear glass ornaments (these are usually 50% off by this time a year at your local craft store).  Each of my girls chose a reinker colour and coordinating Fine Glitter.  We started by removing the top of the ornament and then adding 30-40 drops of reinker.  These were for the ornaments that are about the size of a baseball.  You could get away with a lot less if you chose to do the mandarin orange sized ornaments.  Once the inside of the glass was completely coated with ink, we poured in about 1 tsp of glitter.  While covering the top hole of the ornament with a paper towel, we shook, and shook, and shook and shook... until the inside was coated with glitter and no visible holes appeared.  The ornament tops were then re-inserted and we proceeded to add rub-ons.  (words of advice... start from the center of the rub-on and work your way to the outside as this allows them to go on smoothly without puckering!)

Click Here to Place An Order 

Ink:  Rich Razzleberry Re-inker
Embellishments: Icicle Rub-ons, Glitter

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this idea! I just bought a huge number of those ornaments - I think I'll try it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments; they are GREATLY appreciated. They are what keeps me posting from day to day:)