September 04, 2009

Quick Crop Card

When I have my fabulous group of friends over for Crop Night, I like to have a little project for them to do. This was just a quick and simple card done using the Movers and Shapers dies. We actually precut the card and added the Rich Razzleberry base layer as well as the Razzleberry Lemonade DSP before putting it in the die. Because it was pre-assembled, you can just lay it into the the die and then you only have to worry about placement of the movers and shapers die. For this particular card we used the heart and just slid it over far enough the second time through that it overlapped the first heart. Then we used the heart punch to make the inserts for the inside of the card. We could have used the portions that were punched out, but I love the fact that the punch is slightly smaller than the die and leaves the white border. One of my hearts was snailed down directly on the inside of the card and the other was popped up on a dimensional. We used the Hello Again stamp set for the sentiment and the little butterfly sitting just above it. Another thing I love about being a demo is how much collaboration there can be. I had finished the card a few nights earlier; one of my friends and demos came over for a catch up visit after the summer. We looked at my "naked" card and she decided that it needed some sponging around the inside of the hearts as well as on the heart inserts. Gotta love that I don't have to use my brain all the time because there are days that I really don't think it works:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments; they are GREATLY appreciated. They are what keeps me posting from day to day:)