September 30, 2009

A Little Excessive:)



I was just putting out the supplies for tonight's Crop Night/ Big Shot Club when I realized that I had forgotten to buy a main ingredient for one of the Big Shot club's projects! I needed the treats for the Sweet Treat Cups (#116802). I thought to myself, "No problem, my hubby is out running errands, I'll just ask him to stop and grab some M&M's or Skittles" When I mentioned that they were for a class tonight he thought that this meant we were eating them and not putting them into a card so he proceeded to come home with 2 GIANT bags of M&M's and a GIANT bag of Skittles! Guess what project we're going to be doing for club night next week!

The idea of wrecking the card to get into the treats made my skin crawl (LOL) so I decided to add a little door inside the card so that the treats could be accessed easily. All I did was cut the little sticky top flap off a Mini Square Envelope #107309 and slip the 1 3/4 " circle punch #112004 into it to cut out the circle on the front of the envelope. This punch is perfect for making the Sweet Treat Cup hole on a smaller piece of paper!

The card was actually done by cutting the card to size and adhering the Basic Black and Cast-a-Spell DSP #115667 to the front and then running it through the Big Shot with the Movers and Shapers Curly Label Die #114506 and the Magnetic Movers and Shapers Holiday Windows #116821. The image that fits perfectly around the treat cup is Sweet Centers #116521. The sentiment from the Teeny Tiny Wishes #115370 stamp set couldn't have been more perfect and it even seemed to have a "spooky" script. Finally I used the 1 1/4" Basic Black Striped Grosgrain #115615 to finish off the top of the card.


Now my only difficulty will be to keep this card away from my boys from now until class tonight:)

Click Here If You'd Like To Place A Stampin' Up Order

3 comments:

  1. OMG! That is just too funny as the EXACT same thing happened to me on Sunday..sent the hubs out and he came one with a ton of Smarties!hahah Unlike you, mine will not make it to my next class, I ate them! Opps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is brilliant and not excessive-I had thought this would be an issue with the cute centres. If I have trouble using paper, can not imagine ripping it-even if for M&M's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ange, I think I got it now...how to make a treat cup card that you can get into without destroying the card. TFS your really cute card and trick.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments; they are GREATLY appreciated. They are what keeps me posting from day to day:)