September 18, 2009

Founder's Circle Swap Tutorial #1

As promised, here's my Founder's Circle Swap card tutorial using Stampin' Up's Vintage Ornament Stencils! You'll have to bear with me as I've never done a tutorial before and I know that I have ALOT to learn:)













  1. I started off by sponging the Soft Suede Ink onto Kraft cardstock using a Sponge. I did attempt using sponge daubers, but the circles were obvious. I found that the best technique was to using a circular motion to rub the ink over the stencil. It gave the smoothest image. When I was finished sponging the ink into the main part of the image, I used a sponge dauber to put much heavier ink into the hanging part.
  2. Next, I created a mask in the shape of the center ornament by simply tracing it onto a piece of cardboard and cutting it out.
  3. Place the stencil down where you'd like your second image to go and then cover up the portion of the first image with the mask that you'd like to protect.
  4. Sponge on the Rich Razzleberry ink using the same method as mentioned before and finishing it off by using the Soft Suede sponge dauber for the hook again.
  5. Move on to Tutorial #2 (blogspot can only hold 4 images per post... or at least that's all I can do!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments; they are GREATLY appreciated. They are what keeps me posting from day to day:)