June 24, 2009

Another Kick at the Can




I had a few gifts to make this week and thought that I would make a few more of this simple yet effective club card as part of my gifts. Since the stipple brushes are discontinued I decided to use my stencil with an alternative. This time around I just grabbed my sponge daubers. The effect is not quite as subtle as the stipple brush, but I think stunning none the less. I was away in the Okanagan when I made this card and was rather annoyed with myself when I realized that although I brought my new Soft Suede Ink with me, I forgot the new coordinating ribbon! All the more reason to have doubles of EVERYTHING at my trailer! I used the Chocolate Chip taffeta this time around, but as we all know... you cannot possibly just make do when Stampin' Up provides us with exact matches:) Again, I coordinated my inside of the card with the Friends 24-7 stamp set. This time around I wrapped my image around the back of the card as one of my creative club girls did the other night! It's funny how my brain refuses to 'think past the card front'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments; they are GREATLY appreciated. They are what keeps me posting from day to day:)