May 26, 2009

Big Shot Project


Something that I learned very early in my teaching career was that it was not necessary to "recreate the wheel". If you're not following me, it just means that when there's already something great out there, there's no need to make life difficult. I've applied this rule to my Stampin' Up business, especially when life is busy. Here in North Vancouver, Elementary School ends in Grade Seven and my students are heading onward and upward to highschool. For that reason, the end of year is a blur of activities celebrating the end of their Elementary School career:) This month I needed some inspiration for my Big Shot club and was doing a little blog surfing. When I find something that I like I try to bookmark it so that I can use them later when the need calls. This time I CASED an adorable project created by Gretchen Barron. She used my all time favourite DSP, Sweet Slumber, in her project. I loved the fact that this made used of the Baskets and Blooms Die in a completely new way. For club, we made this as well as the basket in its usual form:) Another reason that I was completely taken with this little project was the adorable flower that was made using Flower Daisies #2 Die and the even more fabulous Corduroy Buttons!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments; they are GREATLY appreciated. They are what keeps me posting from day to day:)