March 26, 2009

Le Jardin Botanique

This was another technique that we worked on in club this month. My ladies have been dying to use the chalk pastels and this seemed like a great month to demo this technique as the pastels are part of the Starter Kit that is on sale for another week. I've tried it several different ways and the one that works the best for me is to stamp the image with Whisper White Craft Ink and then apply the pastels. People recommend doing it one of two ways, either with the Craft Ink or with Versamark. Although both ways worked for me, I had more consistent results with the Craft. The image has much more depth than it appears in the photo; I couldn't get the light to hit the card right. The textured paper that Stampin' Up has brought out is the finishing touch that has been missing. I love it when I create a card that can be used for the men in my life, and this is one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments; they are GREATLY appreciated. They are what keeps me posting from day to day:)