January 11, 2009

Twilight!


Okay, I have a little confession to make. You know how I said that I was only able to prepare 60 swaps to take with me to Leadership Conference, well there may have been a reason for that!  You see, my husband bought me the Twilight book series for Christmas and I was hooked. I read the first boon on the 26th and 27th of December and then on the 29th and 30th I read the second.  I decided that I would give it a little rest for a few days so that I at least had one left for the way to Florida and another for the way home(9 hour plane ride).  I read book three on the way there and then made myself suffer for the three days that I was there with no reading so that I would have the final book for the plane ride home.  I didn't actually manage to finish the fourth book on the ride home as I slept for two hours ( we had to be up at 1am Vancouver time to catch our flight from Florida!).

Anyway, one of the classes that I attended while at the Leadership Conference was put on by a demonstrator named Glenda Travelstead.  She was absolutely hysterical and taught me more than I could have ever imagined!  Anyway, she was talking about how she had procrastinated getting her presentation ready as she was busy with her Twilight obsession!  She confessed that she had been to see the movie "a few, times eight, plus two" times!  Yes, for those of you with quick math skills that is 26 times!  

This photo is one that we managed to take of 12 of the many demos that went to go and see the movie on the final night that we were in Florida!  I am in the front row, third from the right.  Glenda is right smack in the middle with the black jacket and pants and red shirt!  Yes, she did come and see it for the 27th time!  It was fabulous and such a great way to end an amazing trip!  (can you tell by all of the exclamation points I've been putting in my posts that I am more than a little excited about it all????)

3 comments:

  1. Go Edward and bella! Now, when are you going to finish book 4 so I can read it??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How come I only get 14 when I do your math riddle?

    At my house a few is (4) x (3) +
    (2) = 14. LOL...I am obviously missing something...math wasn't my best subject...lol!

    Glad you had fun and that you're home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's too funny! I'm waiting 'til my girls are willing to give it up before I start reading it. It was way too hard to read Harry Potter at the same time as them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments; they are GREATLY appreciated. They are what keeps me posting from day to day:)