January 28, 2009

My Talented Customers!


Lastnight was one of my favourite nights of the month, Technique Club.  This is an event where 8 people get together on a monthly basis to come to my place and learn new techniques.  It is like a "faux workshop" in a way because each month the people in the club contribute $25 in monthly sales and one of them gets to be the "hostess" and receive the rewards from the catalogue.

Over the course of the months, these people get to know each fairly well and the atmosphere can become quite comical.  There are a lot of laughs and as everyone becomes more and more comfortable with one another, there is a lot of sharing.  We were laughing at the start of lastnight's class as three of the people there had brought their latest projects to "share" with the group.  It was almost like a room of school children waiting with their hands up to show what they had done!  I am much like the proud teacher who loves to show off my students' work.  I encouraged my club members to photograph some of these wonderful cards that they are making so that I can share them with you.

Today I received my first email entitled, "Pictures for the teacher".  This card was done by the florist that I mentioned to you in an earlier post.  Everything that Kristin does is simple and elegant.  I love her colour combinations.  I guess that is a must for someone who designs floral arrangements for a living:)  Check out her website Posy for more inspiration!

New clubs will be starting soon, so let me know if this is something that interests you and I'll get your name on the list!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments; they are GREATLY appreciated. They are what keeps me posting from day to day:)