January 25, 2009

My Kind of Flowers!

Okay, no laughing, but I can't keep flowers alive to save my life.  My mother-in-law eventually gave up on me and started buying me fake flowers for my house.  I now have the benefit of a sister-in-law who has a natural knack for flowers and a customer who owns her own floral shop called Posy.  I am definitely getting better at flower care, but this was one bouquet that I couldn't resist.  This idea was on Splitcoast, so I thought that I would give it a whirl.  

My flowers are made using York Peppermint Patties and Hershey's Nuggets.  I wrapped the Nuggets in DSP and the put scallop circles stamped with the Love You Much stamp set on either side.  I decorated my tin with Decor Elements and then added some of the wide grosgrain.  I took some scraps of DSP and ran them through my paper crimper so that I could cover up the floral foam that I stuck the skewers into.  (Try keeping this away from a 3 & 4 year old for two days prior my Open House:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments; they are GREATLY appreciated. They are what keeps me posting from day to day:)