November 03, 2008

Trying New Techniques

Over the past couple of days my stamping times seem to be very short and often interrupted. So, instead of getting involved in some elaborate project I thought that I would try a few new techniques. The first was the Faux Metal technique that I used to make the little embellishment with the Designer Label Punch. I was definitely impreessed with the results; it actually looks like metal. The best part is that it doesn't cost a fortune and can be done in a matter of minutes.

The second technique that I decided to try was the Punch Star. I know it is difficult to comprehend, but these stars were made using the two sizes of the gift tag punch! The only other things that I needed were some cardstock, some vellum, some two way glue and some dazzling diamonds glitter.

With these two little experiments sitting on my desk, I decided that I couldn't waste them and instead put them to use on a rather simple card. I realized that the stars coordinated with the colours in the Ski Slope DSP so I thought I'd put my unopened package to use. What do you think of the card? Now I just want to create cards with this DSP; I didn't realize how gorgeous the prints in the package were! Wait until you see what I got started on! Hopefully I'll finish it up tonight and be able to post tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments; they are GREATLY appreciated. They are what keeps me posting from day to day:)