November 04, 2008

Time to Start Decorating!




I came across this idea on Patty Bennett's Blog the other day and I absolutely loved it! I love the idea of making something that can be used year to year and stores easily. I decided to give it a whirl and instead of recreating the wheel, I cased Patty's to decide whether or not I truly liked the final product! It's awesome! Unfortunately my family will be sick of it by the time that Christmas is over as I refuse to put it down between now and then. It will just move back and forth between my mantle and the China cabinet hutch. I made mine using the small size of the On Board Book Basics. When extended, it is just over 24 inches long, but it ties up in a neat little book when it's time to put it away. When Lucas' birthday is over this Saturday, I fully intend to make a few more using different holiday papers and embellishments. (note the Faux metal tag on the front:) Possible early December class??????

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments; they are GREATLY appreciated. They are what keeps me posting from day to day:)