November 27, 2008

Quick and Easy Card


The was a very quick and easy card that I cased from someone who is in our HUGE Colourful Impressions Group here in the Lower Mainlaind. Carrie Gaskin designed this card, and I loved the simplicity of it. I decided to add the white signo gel pen along the Rik Rak and to change the colour of the Happy Holidays stamp, but other than that I left it as is. This was such a great way to use up strips of DSP that were leftover and create an adorable card at the same time. I created the Rik Rak using the scallop border punch on a piece of cardstock that was 1" wide and 5.5" long. You first punch completely down one side, then flip it over and punch the other side off-setting the punch. This technique is so simple but provides an easy transition from DSP to solid cardstock or DSP to coordinating DSP. This was very popular at all of my Christmas stamp-a-stacks this year so don't be surprised if someone sends it to you for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments; they are GREATLY appreciated. They are what keeps me posting from day to day:)