November 17, 2008

Marker Club Technique

This month's technique involved using our markers, watercolour paper and a blender pen to get a watercolour effect! I love the way that these turned out as it is a much softer finish than colouring them directly with markers. What we did for this process was to stamp the image in Black Staz-on ink on watercolour paper. We heat set it using the heat gun to allow us to get to work more quickly. Once the image was dry we used the fine tip of our marker to outline the image or highlight areas of shadow. Once that was done we used the blender pen to pull the colour from the outline into the center of our image. This was my first go round. They only improve as you practice, as your shadows become more and more realistic. I can't wait to show you the other card that I've been working on. I've never really pulled out my watercolour paper before, but when I tried this technique on my Whisper White cardstock it just got it all wet and pilly. The watercolour paper was PERFECT! I could definitely get into this technique.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments; they are GREATLY appreciated. They are what keeps me posting from day to day:)