November 05, 2008

The Learning Never Stops!

I came across this technique the other day called, "Faux Embossing" and thought I'd give it a try! I feel like everything I've learnt about lately has the word "faux" in front of it... is anything real anymore????? Anyway, those of you who enjoy embossing will know what I'm talking about when I say that it's not something to do when you're pressed for time. Although the actual technique is easy, cleaning up takes a little more time. This technique, on the other hand, is rapid and the clean up is instant! I think that I'll be teaching this at technique club this month as part of my embossing lesson. I really wanted to ink up my Organic Outlines for the first time and this gave me reason. It was my brother-in-law's birthday yesterday and this was the card I made him. Not too flowery. I've also been loving the Wonderful Favorites stamp set; it is such an easy way to personalize cards. I do however have one problem with this set with me being a school teacher, the word Favourite uses the American spelling!!!!!!!!! So, if you never receive a card from me saying that you are my favourite anything, don't be offended. I would never sleep at night if I sent out a card with that spelt wrong. I just need a pen pal in the States so that I can make them cards:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments; they are GREATLY appreciated. They are what keeps me posting from day to day:)