November 22, 2008

I've Become my Mother:)


Growing up, my mother always stressed the importance of writing thank you notes to us. I grew up in North Vancouver, but all of my relatives were still back east in Thunder Bay. This meant many letters to grandparents, aunts and uncles thanking them for birthday and Christmas gifts. These days the internet has made it so easy to write a thank you to someone and send it off immediately, but in the spirit of old times sake and for a good reason to spend more time in my stamp room, I went down and made the 15 thank you's for Lucas' Birthday. I decided to stick with the Pacific Point and Real Red from his Thomas the Train invitations. It was so difficult to photograph this as the glare from the sparkes came making the entire picture appear white when the flash went off. I stamped the cupcake from Simple Birthday Thanks on Pacific Point DSP and then cut it out, while also separating the icing from the bottom of the cupcake. I then flipped over the bottom of the cupcake to show the unstamped side. I used my Thank You Kindly stamp set with the wide oval punch (a must!) to make the little Thank You on the front. I used my crop-o-dile to puch out the little spots on the icing and to allow the back Real Red to show through. My two way glue pen allowed me to get the glitter exactly where I wanted it. On the back of the Pacific Point cardstock I restamped the Simple Birthday Thanks image. This is a perfect stamp to allow a small child who is just learning to print, to personalize each thank you without making the task too overwhelming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments; they are GREATLY appreciated. They are what keeps me posting from day to day:)