August 28, 2008

Happy 40th Anniversary!


Now if anybody deserves an award for 40 years of marriage it's my parents. Why, you're asking yourself? What have they been through that the rest of us haven't?........ ME (as a teenager)! Let's rephrase that, it was probably me from age 13 through until 24! I was not the easiest person in the world to deal with for those years and somehow my parents managed to stick together as a team! They celebrated their 40th Anniversary on Sunday and this was the card that I made for them. The photography is not great I know, but I promise it will be better by next week. (My upline, Kari, gave me a fabulous suggestion) This card was done on a Very Vanilla base and then used the new In Colour, Kiwi Kiss. I stamped the Baroque Motifs on the background using the Kiwi Kiss ink and then used the Celebrate Everything set to stamp the words in Versamark ink. I heat emobssed them using the Gold emobssing powder, and then finished it with some Very Vanilla taffeta ribbon. The key to embossing with something like Gold Embossing powder on a coloured background is to use a powder pal first so that you don't end up with embossing powder where you don't want it.

1 comment:

Thanks so much for your comments; they are GREATLY appreciated. They are what keeps me posting from day to day:)