June 07, 2008

Finally, a plan...





As we approach the end of the school year, I have been at a loss for what to get for the boys' preschool teachers. We have been so fortunate this year in that both of my boys have loved going to school and their teachers have played a huge part in that enthusiasm. I wanted to get them something that truly showed my appreciation but I was at a complete loss. I came across a note card holder on Dannie Graves blog the other day. It was perfect. I adapted it slightly as she used postcards for the inside but the actual format of the notecard holder is the same. I wanted to use my Afternoon Tea Party DSP and my In Colours, and this is what I came up with. I had done the card with the ribbon originally, but the knot makes the card too thick. I was only able to fit four cards and envelopes in, but I also wanted them to be really nice cards. Now, I only have three more note card holders and 12 cards to make:)

3 comments:

  1. You've been very busy Angela! Love the cards for the 'grad' class, good choice on the song (*wink*). Summer is almost here, maybe there will be some sun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again you have found a beautiful project, and totally made it your own! Love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are BEAUTIFUL. I would love to receive these from my kids.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments; they are GREATLY appreciated. They are what keeps me posting from day to day:)